Membership at Illuminate
The membership of Illuminate Community Church is composed of individuals who are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and affirm the tenets of our Church. They must offer evidence by their confession and their conduct that they are actively pursuing and continuing in a vital fellowship with Jesus Christ.
If you are interested in becoming a member, would like a copy of the church bylaws and membership application, or would like more information on the process, please fill out this brief form:
Members shall be followers of Christ who:
- Desire to glorify God in their lives
- Attend worship services regularly
- Serve the body in a meaningful way
- Support the ministries of the Church
- Give assent to our purpose and statement of faith
- Are eighteen (18) years of age and older to vote
The steps to become a member of Illuminate Community Church are:
- Make a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and provide a written statement of their faith.
- Meet with one or more designated members of Illuminate's leadership and give satisfactory evidence of saving faith, and commitment to active participation.
- Sign the Covenant of Fellowship* and be presented to the Church. (*see bottom)
All members are expected to conduct themselves in a Christlike manner, to be faithful to spiritual disciplines essential to the Christian life, to attend services of the Church regularly, to give sacrificially, and to participate and serve in its ministries. Any member who disagrees with the policies or direction of the Church is obligated to make the matter known to leadership, and shall not make it a source of division. As a member, you will be asked to provide an affirmation of vote on the following matters:
- Appointment of Elders and Lead Pastor
- Annual budget
- Debt exceeding certain limits
- Merger or dissolution of the Church
- Any proposed change to the bylaws that reduce member's rights
Our Purpose and Statement of Faith
It is our mission to shine the light on Jesus by knowing Him and making Him known.
We are a church that believes in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, therefore we exist to know Jesus and make Him known in our community and throughout the world. We desire to bring renewal, restoration, and redemption as we tell those around us of the life-giving message found in Jesus. We act by serving those who are in need because we are called to be people of faith and action. Here is specifically what we believe:
- We believe that the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe man was created in the image of God and are born separated from God with a sinful nature.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as representative, substitutionary sacrifice.
- We believe salvation is by God through Christ alone, is based on His grace, not on any human merit.
- We believe all who receive Christ by faith are born of the Spirit, are God's children and eternally secure.
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells believers giving strength & wisdom to follow Him, empowered for service.
- We believe that Jesus will return to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that we are called to act justly, to do mercy, and to walk humbly with our God.
- We believe that we are called to make disciples of all people.
Covenant of Fellowship
Publicly confessing my faith in Christ as the Son of God, and as the Savior of the world, and as my personal Savior, and in the Holy Spirit as my comforter and guide, and in the Bible as the inspired Word of God, I resolve by the aid of the Heavenly Father to do His will; to take this Church as my church and its members as my fellow members in the family of faith; to submit to the loving oversight and discipline of the officers of this Church; to bring to it such faith and comfort as I have means to render, to faithfully observe its ordinances, attend its services, uphold its benevolences, share its burdens, love its people, and seek its unity, purity, and increase for the Kingdom of God.
For specific questions regarding membership or the process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org